Wheat Banana Appam
- 1. wheat - 1 cup
- 2. Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- 3. Ripe bananas - 2
- 4. Elachi powder - 1 teaspoon
- 5. Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- 6. Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- 7. Oil for deep fry (350ml)
1. Peel off the skin and smash bananas to smooth paste and set aside.
2. In a bowl, add wheat flour, rice flour, jaggery, salt, elachi powder , smashed bananas and mix with a blender adding required water.
3. Mix the ingredients to dosa batter consistency without lumps.
4. It should be smooth , not too thick or too runny.
5. Heat a wide pan and add oil .
6. When oil heats, drop the batter with a laddle directly into the oil.
7. Cook on both the sides over medium flame.
8. Take out of the oil , when it attains golden colour.
9. Gently squeeze out the oil by pressing it and serve hot.