You can watch this video and learn how to make restaurant style (Hotel Saravana Bhavan) Vegetable Kurma at home. Vegetable Kurma is a popular south Indian recipe with lots of vegetables mixed with thick coconut and cashew based gravy. We can have this dish with hot rotis ,chapatis as well as puries. Its a vegetable kurma recipe with detailed videos and photos.
- 1. Onion - 1 (small sized)
- 2. Carrot - 1 ( medium sized)
- 3. Potato - 1 (big sized)
- 4. Beans - 10 to 12 nos ( make the vegetable into small pieces)
- 5. Green peas - 1/4 cup
- 6. Sweet corn - 1/4 cup
- 7. Curry leaves ( 1 to 2 springs)
- 8. Coriander leaves ( 1 tbsp)
- 9. Warm water - 2 to 3 cup
- 10. Sugar - 1/2 cup
- 11. Salt as per taste. ( 1-2 tsp)
- 12. Curd 2 to 3 tablespoon
- 13. 1.Grated coconut - 4 tablespoon (For making Masala Paste)
- 14. 2.Onion -1/4 portion
- 15. 3.Green chillies - 1 or 2
- 16. 4.Ginger - A small piece
- 17. 5.Garlic - 1 clove
- 18. 6.Cashew nuts - 7 nos
- 19. 7.Cardamom - 1
- 20. 8.Cinnamon - 1 small piece
- 21. 9.Fennel seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- 22. 10.Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- 23. 11.Coriander Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- 24. 12.Curry leaves - 5 to 6 no
- 25. 13.Water - 3 to 4 tablespoon( blend everything into paste)
1. Wash and clean all vegetables,then cut everything into small pieces.Add it in a cooker along with 1 teaspoon of salt,
2. 1/2 cup of water and some curry leaves.Mix everything and heat up the cooker then close it and cook till 1 whistle
3. and off the flame.Open the cooker after the air goes out completely and give it a mix.Add the ground paste along with
4. 2 cups of warm water and mix it.Heat the cooker and add salt as needed and bring it to boil in a medium flame.
5. Take the curd and make it smooth by using a spoon and add into the curry.Make the flame into low and mix everything well.
6. You can add warm water if needed.Add coriander leaves and curry leaves and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to balance the taste .Mix all
7. well and switch off the flame and you can enjoy the zero oil recipe.
8. Thank you and Happy cooking.