Vanilla Sponge Cake (egg less)
- 1. All purpose flour 2 cup
- 2. Powder sugar 1 cup
- 3. Room temperature butter 100 gm
- 4. Milk 1 cup
- 5. Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 6. Pineapple essence 1/2 tsp
- 7. Baking powder 1 tsp
- 8. Baking soda 1/4 tsp
- 9. Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- 10. Lemon zest 1/4 tsp
- 11. Tutti fruity 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree for 8 to 10 mins.
2. Grease a round cake tin with butter and line with butter paper.
3. Sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) .
4. In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix with hand whisk to get soft creamy texture.
5. Now add vanilla extract, pineapple essence, lemon zest and mix well.
6. Add milk and mix this well.
7. Now add the flour mixture in two batches and mix this gently with cut and fold method.
8. Now add lemon juice and tutti fruity and mix quickly.
9. Now pour this batter in greasing baking tin and tap it on your kitchen top to remove air bubbles.
10. Bake this batter for about 25 to 30 minutes at 180 degree.
11. After 30 minutes, add a tooth pic in center and when it comes out clean, cake is ready.
12. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
13. Now turn this cake on wire rack ,remove butter paper.
14. Now sprinkle some sugar on top and serve hot.