- 1. Whole urad dhal with skin - 1 cup
- 2. Fenugreek- 2 tablespoon
- 3. Jaggery - 1/4 cup
- 4. Dry ginger powder - 1 teaspoon
- 5. Salt - 1 pinch
- 6. Gingelly oil - 1 cup
- 7. Milk - 1/2 cup
- 8. Rice flour - 1/4 cup
1. Soak urad dhal and fenugreek for atleast 4 hours and grind into a smooth paste along with rice flour.
2. Usually mom used to grind urad dhal with skin, if you dont lime so , then just go with skinned uradh dhal
3. Now grate the jaggery and heat a pan , transfer the stuff into it .
4. Add some water just to cover the jaggery and dissolve it completely and strain it through a metal mesh strainer.
5. It helps you to remove impurities from the jaggery.
6. Transfer the strained jaggery back to the pan and bring to boil.
7. Add the dry ginger powder and a pinch salt to enhance taste .
8. Now add milk to the ground uradh fenugreek paste and mix to get a dosa batter consistency. add to the jaggery boiling in pan.
9. Stir to make sure that there is no lumps.
10. When the jaggery and uradh fenugreek paste blends well, add gingelly oil in batches.
11. Stir till you get halwa consistency and the oil you added in should ooze out.
12. When the kali dances in tawa , switch off and serve hot.
13. This gives strength to hip and bones, its a boon to pregnant women and delivered women