- 1. Toamatoes (medium sized,cut into cubes) 3 Nos
- 2. Turmeric Powder 1/2 Teaspoons
- 3. Freshly Grated Coconut 2 Cups
- 4. Green Chilles 3 Nos
- 5. Plain Yogurt 1 Cups
- 6. Salt some To Taste
- 7. Oul 1 Tablespoons
- 8. Mustard Seed 1 Teaspoons
- 9. Red Chilli 3 Nos
- 10. Curry Leaves 1 sprigs
1. Boil ½ cup of water in a saucepan, and add the cubed tomatoes.
2. Stir in salt and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
3. In a blender, grind the coconut and green chilies with a very small amount of water into a fine thick puree.
4. Remove from the blender, and stir in the yogurt.
5. Add this to the cooked tomatoes, mix well, and simmer over low heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
6. Remove it from the stove.
7. Now heat the oil in a skillet, and add the mustard seeds, when it starts spluttering, add the halved red chili pepper and curry leaves.
8. Remove from the stove and pour over the pachadi.
9. Cover and set aside for ten minutes, to allow flavors to blend.
10. Serve hot with plain boiled rice.