Spring Onion Poriyal/Spring Onion Stir Fry
Spring onions is a healthy veggie which is a rich source of iron. Spring onions Poriyal is a south Indian style stir fry. It is a simple, quick, flavourful and delicious stir fry that can be eaten with rice or chapati.
- 1. Spring onions bunch 1 nos
- 2. salt or to taste 1/2 tsp
- 3. medium potatoes boiled and cubed 2 nos
- 4. For the masala powder :chana dal powder 1 tsp
- 5. urad dal powder 1/2 tsp
- 6. grated coconut 2 tbsp
- 7. Kashmiri Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- 8. sabji masala 1 tsp
- 9. garam masala 1/2 tsp
- 10. Oil 2 tsp
- 11. curry leaves 6 nos
- 12. cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- 13. mustard seeds 1 tsp
1. Wash the spring onions along with leaves.
2. Trim the ends of the leaves and chop them into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Also chop the onions into cubes.
4. Heat a pan and roast the gram dal and urad dal powder, cocount and red chilli powder for 2 minutes until aroma is released.
5. Mix the sabji masala and garam masal and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds and curry leaves.
7. Once the seeds splutter add the chopped spring onions & leaves along with salt.
8. Sauté for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent.
9. Add boiled and cubed potatoes and stir for 2 minutes.
10. Now add the coconut masala powder and stir well and fry for 2 minutes.
11. Hot Spring onion Poriyal is ready to serve.