Spicy Keto Beef Roast
Every Malayali or Keralite around the world would love this recipe. Its a delicious and spicy dish that would make anyone drool instantly. This lip-smacking recipe can be made either thick, for Flaxseed Rotis(Tortilla), or add a little water and it pairs perfectly with Cauliflower Rice
I highly recommend everyone to try this recipe. I really wanted this one to be my first post on this blog because I can't stop making it.
PS- This recipe was perfected by my Mom... So she deserves all the praise!!!
- 1. 500g Beef, Boneless, cubed
- 2. 100g Onion, thinly sliced
- 3. 60g Tomato, diced
- 4. 1 cup Shallots, chopped
- 5. 1/3 cup Ginger, finely chopped
- 6. 1/3 cup Garlic, finely chopped
- 7. 8 green chilies, sliced
- 8. 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- 9. 1.67 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 10. 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 11. 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 12. 3 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 13. 1 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 14. 4-5 tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Cut the beef into small pieces and wash it thoroughly. Prepare all other ingredients.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pressure cooker.
3. Saute the onion and tomato, till the onion turns translucent and the tomatoes go soft. Medium Low Flame.
4. Add the chopped ginger, garlic, shallots, and green chilies. (I usually just add all of them in a chopper and blitz them). Roast them till the aroma comes.
5. Add the dry spices. (Red chili, Coriander, Turmeric, Garam masala). Mix them properly.
6. Add the curry leaves and roast the masala for a minute or two. Turn off the flame.
7. Add in the fresh coriander leaves and washed beef.
8. Add salt to taste and Mix everything properly till the beef cubes are properly coated.
9. Add enough water to just moisten the beef for thick gravy. Add a little more if you like it thin. Make sure to taste and check the salt level.
10. Seal the pressure cooker and cook on High flame for 2 whistles. Then turn down the flame to Low for 4 whistles.
11. Enjoy it hot. Serve with Flax seed Roti or Cauliflower Rice