Spicy Fish Fry
- 1. 4 large slices King fish (surmai)
- 2. 2 tsp fresh garlic paste
- 3. 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 4. 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5. 1/2 tsp kolhapuri red chilli powder
- 6. Juice of 1 lemon
- 7. 1-1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 8. 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 9. 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 10. 4 lemon slices
1. Wash fish slices in running water. Drain excess water.
2. In a bowl, combine garlic paste, kashmiri red chilli powder, kolhapuri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt.
3. Rub the fish with the marinade thoroughly. Leave the fish to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat a shallow non-stick pan. Add 1/2 cup oil. Let it reach it's smoking point and then lower the flame.
5. Add the fish slices one or two at a time, depending on the size of the pan. Fry both sides till golden in color and flesh feels firm.
6. Serve with some chaat masala sprinkled on top of the fish and a slice of lemon.