Spicy Egg Biriyani
Being a keralite, I am fond of spicy food. And Biriyanis tastes delicious when they are more spicy. Today I have prepared Egg Biriyani which is very spicy and delicious. You can adjust the spice level according to your taste buds. Its a simple recepie and I am sure you will love it.
- 1. Basmati Rice: 1 cup
- 2. • Onion: 1 large finely sliced
- 3. •Tomato: 1 large sliced
- 4. •Green chillies: 2 slit
- 5. •Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- 6. •Eggs: 3
- 7. •Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- 8. •Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- 9. •Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- 10. •Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
- 11. •Biriyani masala: 1 teaspoon
- 12. •Bay leaf: 2
- 13. •Cardamom: 2
- 14. •Cloves: 2
- 15. •Star anise: 1
- 16. •Fennel seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- 17. •Cinnamon: 1 small stick
- 18. •Salt: 3/4 tsp or as per taste
- 19. •Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- 20. •Curd: 2 teaspoon
- 21. •Oil: 2 tablespoon
1. • Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
2. • Hard boil eggs , remove the shell and keep aside.
3. • Heat oil in a kadai, add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise and fennel seeds. Saute for 15 secs.
4. •Add onion and green chillies and saute till onion becomes golden brown.
5. •Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till thr raw smell goes off.
6. •Add tomatoes and cook till it turns soft and mushy.
7. •Add all the dry spice powders and mix. •Sprinkle little water and mix well.
8. •Add curd and coriander leaves and mix well.
9. •Now add 2 cups of water and salt and let it cook for 2 mins.
10. •Add the soaked rice to this , cover and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
11. •Meanwhile, heat a pan, add little oil .
12. •Cut the boiled eggs into half.
13. •Add salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder to the oil and mix.
14. •Now place the eggs and slightly shallow fry both the sides for 2 mins.
15. •Remove the biriyani into a serving dish, place the eggs on top and serve