Sohan halwa is a traditional dessert of multan pakistan and afganistan. Which is a variety of dense, sweet and affection.
- 1. 1 cup cornflour
- 2. 1 cup almonds
- 3. 1/2 cup pistachios
- 4. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5. 2 drops red and yellow colouring
- 6. 3 cups sugar
- 7. 8 tbsp pure ghee
- 8. 1/2 cup milk
- 9. 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 10. 1 cup kaju
- 11. 1 cup walnuts
- 12. 1/2 cup watermelon seed
1. Mix colouring with lemon juice and keep aside
2. Dissolve sugar in two cups of water and let it boil for five minutes. add milk and leave to boil for another five minutes.remove from heat and strain through a muslin cloth
3. Dissolve cornstarch in two cups of water and add to the syrup.
4. Cook on medium heat and when it starts turning into a lump, add the colouring prevoiusly soaked in lemon juice.
5. Stir continuously, adding a little ghee every time the mixture starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms into one whole lump, add cardamom powder and finely sliced nuts keeping aside a few nuts for garnishing.
6. Put the halwa on a greased thali and even it out, then decorate it with the remaining nuts. Cut into your favorites shapes and serve