- 1. Maida / All purpose Flour 1.5 Cups
- 2. fine rava / Semolina 1 Cups((can use maida itself instead of rava))
- 3. instant yeast 1 Tablespoons
- 4. water 1 1/4 Cups(lukewarm water)
- 5. sugar 2 Tablespoons
- 6. salt 1 Teaspoons
- 7. olive oil / melted butter / ghee 2 Tablespoons
1. In a big bowl take ingredients 1 cup maida and half cup rava and yeast and mix with a fork.
2. Then add water, sugar, salt and oilve oil to it and mix with the fork.
3. You will get a sticky dough.
4. Then slowly add the rest of the flours and knead with hand.
5. Once a soft chapati like dough is formed, take an oiled bowl and put the dough inside and cover with a moistened kitchen towel.
6. Wait till the dough doubles.
7. Punch it down and knead again.
8. If the dough feels sticky, add more maida by sprinkling on the kneading surface.
9. Once a soft, spongy dough is formed, put it in an oiled bread pan and give shape.
10. Cover with moistened towel and let it rise to double or more again.
11. Preheat oven to 225.
12. Make an egg wash with egg, water and ghee.
13. Brush it on top of the dough in the pan and bake for 25 to 30 mins.
14. Take out and cover the bread with moistened towel to soften the crust.
15. Then, keep it in a wire rack to cool down completely.
16. Slice and eat.