Sarso Ka Saag
- 1. 3 cups-chopped mustard leaves
- 2. 1 cup-chopped spinach leaves
- 3. 1 cup-chopped bathua leaves
- 4. 2 tomatoes-chopped
- 5. 2 onion-chopped
- 6. 1 tbsp-chopped ginger and green chilli
- 7. 3-4 cloves garlic-chopped
- 8. 2 tbsp-makki ka aata(corn meal flour)
- 9. 1 tsp-salt or as required
- 10. 2 tbsp- mustard oil
- 11. 1/2 tsp-turmaric powder
- 12. 1 tsp-corriender powder
- 13. 1 tsp-jaggery
- 14. 1/2 tsp-hing
- 15. 1/2 tsp-cumin seed
- 16. 1-bayleaf
1. Wash and clean mustard leaves, spinach leaves and bathua leaves in running water. Drain and chop them roughly.
2. Take all leaves in pressure cooker along with 1 cup of water. Pressure cook it for 1 whistle over medium flame. Turn off the flame. Remove the cooker lid after releasing the steam. Let the leaves cool for few minutes at room temperature.
3. Transfer this leaves in a jar of a mixture grinder along with chopped tomatoes,onions,ginger-green chilli,garlic and makki ka atta.Blend this mixture to a smooth puree.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add hing,bay leaf and cumin seeds. When its crackled add turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute. Add leeaves puree into it.stir and cook for 10-12 minutes over low flame. add jaggery and mix .Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking. When the mixture leave the side of the pan. Off the flame and serve hot sarso ka saag with makki ki roti along with jaggery and butter.