Sabudana Chiwda | Sago Mixture
- 1. 200gms nylon Sabudana / sago / jawwarsi (this is different from the usual sago)
- 2. 3-4 green chillies chopped
- 3. 25 gms groundnuts
- 4. 10-15 curry leaves
- 5. 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 6. 1 tsp salt (adjust as needed)
- 7. 200ml oil to fry
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan . The oil should heat up really well for the Sabudana to fluff up on frying
2. Drop 1 or 2 pearls and see if they fluff up and double up in size on frying, then the oil is in perfect temperature.
3. Fry in small batches very carefully as the sago pearls will splutter and burst on frying. you can close the pan with a lid by leaving a small gap so that the hot oil doesn’t spray on you.
4. Drain the fried sago and transfer it to a big mixing bowl.
5. Fry the groundnuts followed by green chillies and curryleaves . fry on slow flame and donot burn . add these to the fried sago
6. Mix all these evenly by adding salt and sugar as needed and store it in an airtight container.
7. This mixture is very famous in Mahrashtra and Gujarat regions where it is consumed during days of Fasting like Ekadasi, Shivratri etc.