Raw Rice Upma : 10 minute breakfast ideas
I always search for easy and fast recipes. This is the one which we can try out at any time and have it as breakfast, main course, snack or at dinner. Most attractive factor is that , it doesn't need any pre-preparation time , like to soak or grind anything. all is to wash and cook. So enjoy Wash rice thoroughly,strain and keep aside. its better to crush it to half in a mixie. Take a pan, add oil, crack mustard, urad, chilly and curry leaves Add onion, green chillies and ginger.. saute Add broken rice and salt. Mix well Add water, cover the lid and let it cook for 7 minutes. Water will be completely absorbed by rice. Now add grated coconut. Mix well. Its ready to have... can have it alone Or with non veg sides. I love it with sugar ;) ;)
- 1. Raw Rice 2 Cups
- 2. Coconut grated 1 Cups
- 3. water 2 Cups
- 4. onion chopped 1 Nos
- 5. green chillies chopped 3 Nos
- 6. ginger grated 1 Tablespoons
- 7. coconut oil/ refined oil 2 Tablespoons
- 8. urad dal 1 Teaspoons
- 9. mustard seeds 1 Teaspoons
- 10. Dry chilly 3 Nos
- 11. curry leaves optional 3 Nos
- 12. salt 1 Teaspoons
1. Step 1: wash and strain raw rice 2 cups
2. In a pan , crack mustard, urad and finally dry chilly
3. add chopped onions, green chilly and ginger to it and saute well.
4. after few minutes, it turns golden brown color and its time to add rice to it.
5. add rice and saute well for a minute, add enough salt
6. pour 2 cups of water
7. water level should be like this. now close the lid and let it cook
8. when rice is cooked well, add grated coconut and combine everything well.
9. hot piping rice upma is ready.
10. its little spicy , but still it goes well with sugar, try tasting with 1 teaspoon sugar over it.
11. you can also have it with any non veg sides or vegetarian kurma.
12. no rules for upma