Rava kesari is a South Indian sweet prepared mainly during festive season. This is a simple and easy to make recipe that would suit any occasion. You don't have to worry about dessert when guests turn up unannounced. Let us see how to prepare this ?
- 1. Rava(Sooji) 1/2 Cups
- 2. Sugar 1/2 Cups
- 3. Melted Ghee- 3-4 Tablespoons
- 4. Water 1 1/2 Cups
- 5. Saffron 2-3 Nos
- 6. Milk 1 Tablespoons
- 7. Cashewnuts Chopped 1 Tablespoons
- 8. Raisin 1 Teaspoons
1. Soak the saffron strands in light warm milk and set it aside.
2. Fry the raisins and nuts in ghee and keep it aside.
3. Now in a greased pan fry the Sooji rava is roasted well with a nice aroma. When done, take it off the flame and keep it aside.
4. Take water in a pan and bring it to boil.
5. Once it starts bubbling, add the fried rava in little quantities and stir frequently to avoid lumps. When it thickens add sugar and stir well. Add some ghee and cook till it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add the saffron milk and the fried nuts and raisins.
6. Serve in some ramekins or shaped in moulds, garnished with fried nuts & raisins. Adding a bit of ghee while serving gives an extra glaze. (Add a pinch of food colour if you prefer a bit more colour, some use essence to add flavour).
7. Enjoy ??