Potato Tikki Chaat
Potato tikki is a delicious and mouthwatering street food mainly prepared from potato and is topped with various chutneys and spices. Potato Tikki chaat is filling and appetising snack mainly originated from north india, but hugely popular all over India
- 1. 4 medium potatoes boiled
- 2. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or as required
- 3. 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- 4. 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- 5. 2 tablespoons rice flour or corn flour/corn starch
- 6. 2 to 3 tablespoons oil for shallow frying the potato patties
- 7. 1/4 teaspoon black salt or as required
- 8. for toppings 1/2 cup whisked curd
- 9. 2 tablespoons sweet tamarind chutney
- 10. 1 tablespoon green chutney
- 11. 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 12. 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 13. 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 14. 4 papdis broken
- 15. 2 tablespoons besan bhujiya
- 16. 1/4 teaspoon black salt or regular salt
- 17. 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
1. In a mixing bowl mash boiled potatoes and add all the spiced powders, cornflour and salt and mix well
2. Make round shaped tikkis or patties with the mixture.
3. Heat oil in a non stick frying pan or a griddle and place the potato tikkis.
4. Shallow Fry the tikkis on a medium flame till they become golden and crisp from both sides, turning them occasionally.
5. Remove the tikkis and place them in a serving plate.
6. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of the whippedcurd/ yogurt, top with a few teaspoons of the green and imli chutneys, sprinkle all dry spices,salt, chaat masala, broken papdis,coriander leaves,pomegranate kernels, bhujiya and serve immediately