- 1. Oats 2 cups
- 2. Onion medium sized, chopped. 1 nos
- 3. Tomato ,chopped 1 nos
- 4. Peas 1/2 cups
- 5. French Beans, chopped 1/2 cups
- 6. Capsicum ,small sized chopped 1 nos
- 7. Carrot ,finely chopped 1 nos
- 8. Lemon 1/2 nos
- 9. Red dry chilies 2-3 nos
- 10. Asafoetida 1 pinch
- 11. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 12. Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- 13. Curry leaves 7-8 nos
- 14. Salt and black pepper as per your taste.Oregano flakes 1/2 tsp
1. Take a wok dry roast the oats for 5 to 7 minutes and keep aside.
2. Take another wok add 1 tsp oil and add curry leaves,cumin seeds,dry chilies, asafoetida and mustard seeds and let it crackle.
3. Now add all the veggies and stir them well.
4. Now add around 1/2 a cup of water and cover it with a lid for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Now add your roasted oats and add 1 cup of water.Add salt and black pepper and cover it with a lid for more 5 minutes to make oats little softer.( Add more water if needed)
6. Now when you will find the oats have become soft and mixed up properly,then switch off the flame and add oregano flakes and sprinkle lemon juice.Enjoy your yum yum oats upma.