Murg Masala/Chicken Masala
- 1. 350gm chicken (washed twice)
- 2. 1 large onion
- 3. 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 4. 1 handful coriander leaves
- 5. 5-6 mint leaves
- 6. 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 7. 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 8. 1 tsp salt
- 9. 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 10. 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 11. 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 12. 1 tsp meat masala
- 13. 1-2 bay leaves
- 14. 1 clove
- 15. 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 16. 1 tsp peppercorns
1. Dry roast coconut, onion, peppercorns till fragrant and take it in a grinder. Add coriander leaves ,mint leaves , cumin seeds and grind it to smooth paste by adding some water.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil , add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Next add bay leaf, ginger garlic paste and the onion paste.
3. When the mixture will turns golden add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and all the chicken pieces.
4. Cover it till the pieces becomes tender.
5. Add garam masala , meat masala and mix it well.
6. Add water and bring it to a boil. Finally garnish with coriander and mint leaves and serve hot.
7. It tastes delicious with paratha, naan or white rice.