Microwave Veg Pulaow
- 1. 1 cup basmati rice
- 2. 2 sliced onion
- 3. 2 tablespoon oil
- 4. 2 green chilli chopped
- 5. 1/2 cup mix vegitables( green pease, carrot, cauliflower , etc)
- 6. 1 inch cinamon stick
- 7. 1 bay lefe
- 8. 1 teaspoon ginger garlic pest
- 9. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10. 1-1/2 cup water
- 11. 1 teaspoon or to test salt
- 12. 3-4 cloves
1. Wash the rice extremely well. If you have the time, soak for 30 minutes. Drain and set the rice aside.Heat oil in microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, green chilli, ginger, garlic pest & mix well. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes until the spices start to get aromatic.Add the onions & mixed vegetables and mix well. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the onions have turned translucent and the vegetables have softened a bit.Add the drained out rice and salt and mix well. Microwave for 2 minutes for the rice to dry out a bit.
3. Add the water and mix well. At this point, you can taste to check for seasoning and add more salt if required.Microwave for 12-15 minutes on full power. Once or twice, stop; remove the bowl, mix everything with a fork and continue to cook.Once the rice is cooked, give one final mix up with a fork and enjoy hot pulao!