Chicken Lemon & Pepper Ghee Roast
Though red in colour, this dish has all the flavours of pepper. The colour red is a food colour and is an optional ingredient. Serve with rice , dal or with curd rice or any food of your choice you would like to relish this with.
- 1. 300 gms chicken meat on bone cut into small pieces
- 2. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3. 2 teaspoon full pepper powder
- 4. 2 teaspoon curd
- 5. 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 6. Salt 2 taste.
- 7. 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 8. 1/4 teaspoon red food colour
- 9. 2 tablespoon ghee
- 10. 2 chopped onions
- 11. 1 chopped tomatoes
- 12. 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce
- 13. 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 14. 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 15. 5 mint leaves
- 16. 2 sprigs curry leaves
1. Marinate the chicken for 10 minutes with ingredients from 2 - 8
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the curry leaves,onions and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
3. Add soya sauce and chilly sauce. Stir well for 30 seconds.
4. Add marinated chicken pieces one by one. Close the pan and allow the chicken to fry for a minute.
5. Give a good mix. Add salt if required. Cover the pan and cook the chicken for 8 minutes on low flame.
6. Turn the flame to high. Add the lemon juice cook for another mjnute or two to allow the water to absorb if any. Keep stirring occasionally.
7. Garnish with mint leaves and scraped or grated coconut.