- 1. whole milk 1/2 litre
- 2. fresh cream 1 cups
- 3. condensed milk 1 cups
- 4. pistachios (finely chopped) 1/2 cups
- 5. Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender 1/2 tsp
1. Bring the milk to boil, lower the flame, and cook till it reduces to half the volume.
2. You have to stir frequently while the reducing the milk so that it doesn’t stick to the sides and burn.
3. Switch off, add the condensed milk and mix well.
4. Whip the cream till it peaks. Add half of this whipped cream to the milk and mix well.
5. Add half of the chopped pistachios and 1/2 teaspoon Sprig Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender. Mix well.
6. Finally gently fold in the remaining whipped cream into the mix. You don’t have mix well. Let it remain as lumps in the kulfi mix.
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon of chopped pistachios to the kulfi moulds.
8. Gently pour the kulfi mix into the moulds. Leave a little space on the top. Insert the ice cream sticks. You can top up the moulds with more chopped pistachios.
9. Keep the moulds in the freezer.
10. Once the kulfis have set (after 7-8 hours), take them out, and place the moulds in water.
11. Rub the sides with your palm to warm up the mould and gently pull out the kulfi stick.
12. The kulfi will come out clean on the stick. You can garnish with more chopped pistachios before serving.