ഉള്ളിൽ സ്നേഹം നിറച്ചൊരു കൊഴുക്കട്ട / Kozhukatta / Kozhukattai /ഓശാന കൊഴുക്കട്ട
Episode - 22 Kozhukatta is a solemn tradition in Kerala Christian homes to make on the day of Palm Sunday/ Hosanna/ Kuruthola Perunnal. Kozhukatta is made commemorating the stones that were thrown on Jesus during his suffering and crucifixion. In some parts of Kerala they celebrate Kozhukatta Perunnal on Saturday, the day before Palm Sunday. It is always great to follow these traditions and the happiness and joy of remembering the get-togethers or family reunions which is an integral part of all celebrations. I always make sure to follow the traditions, to make our kids remember and follow these traditions.
- 1. For Filling:- Grated coconut - 1/2 (coconut)
- 2. Jaggery - 2 pieces
- 3. Cardamom - 6 nos (crushed)
- 4. Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- 5. For Dough:- Roasted rice flour - 2 cup
- 6. Water - 21/2 cup (as per required)
- 7. Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- 8. Salt to taste -1/4 ts
1. Melt the jaggery with little water, stain it. Add grated coconut, cardamom & ghee and cook till the water is dried up, remove from fire. Keep it aside.
2. Boil the water with salt and ghee. Once it boils, lower the flame and add rice flour. Mix well to combine. Remove from fire and keep aside until it is warm enough to handle.
3. Knead well to form a soft dough. Make medium size balls out of the dough and spread each ball to a cup shape. Put enough filling and roll back into a ball.
4. Steam the kozhukatta in steamer for 15 to 20 minutes on a medium flame. That's it!