- 1. rice flour 2 cups
- 2. water 3 cups
- 3. Salt 1/4 tsp
- 4. For the coconut filling : jaggery powder 1/2 cups
- 5. water 1/4 cups
- 6. coconut shredded 3/4 cups
- 7. cardamom powdered 1 tbsp
1. Preparation of coconut filling : Mix jaggery and water in a bowl. Boil to form a thick syrup, just before the one thread consistency.
2. Remove from heat. Strain the syrup to remove any impurities.
3. Mix the jaggery syrup and coconut in a pan. mix well and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat until the coconut absorbs the syrup. Switch off the flame.
4. Add the cardamom powder into it and mix well. Keep aside.
5. Preparation of dumpling base : Take 3 cups of water in a bowl. Add salt and bring to a boil.
6. Meantime, dry fry the rice flour in a pan on medium-low heat for 5 minutes with stirring.
7. Remove the flour from heat and add the boiled water to it with stirring. A crumbly sticky dough is formed.
8. Cover and let it cool a little.
9. When it is warm enough to handle, knead with hands to form soft dough ball. The right consistency is when the dough is not sticking to hands.
10. Wet your palms to avoid sticking. Make medium size balls from the dough. Then holding the ball in one hand, press the center of ball inward out to form a cup shape.
11. Fill the cup with a spoon of the prepared coconut filling.
12. Close and seal the cup to form a ball, again. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
13. Steam the dumplings in a steamer for 10- 12 minutes. Then switch off the flame.
14. Remove from the steamer and let it cool. Serve and enjoy.