Jowar Beetroot Phirni
- 1. 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2. 2 tbsp. jowar (Sorghum), dry roasted & powdered
- 3. 2 tbsp. sugar or to taste
- 4. 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 5. 1 tsp. rose water
- 6. 1-2 tsp. beetroot puree
- 7. 1-2 tbsp. chopped almonds
- 8. 1 tbsp. raisins
1. Bring the milk to a boil. Add the powdered jowar and simmer on a low flame till it turns slightly thick.
2. Add the sugar, cardamom powder and beetroot puree. Mix well and simmer further for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame and add the rose water.
3. Bring it to room temperature and refrigerate for sometime. Serve chilled, garnished with almonds and raisins.