- 1. Jackfruit Pulp 2 cups
- 2. Jaggery 2 cups
- 3. Ghee 2 to 4 tablespoons
1. Add 1 cup water with jaggery. Allow to melt.
2. Filter sediments. Again boil jaggery syrup till single string consistency
3. Add jackfruit pulp to the single string consistency jaggery syrup
4. If using semi ripe or low sweet jackfruit pulp add more jaggery. So first estimate the jackfruit sweetness and adjust jaggery syrup level.
5. You have to keep stirring until the jaggery syrup and jackfruit pulp combine to form halwa level. It will take minimum 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust flame accordingly.
6. Add one portion of ghee and mix well. Stir for a minute or two.
7. Add second portion of ghee and stir for a minute or two. Add more ghee if desired.
8. Switch off flame. The halwa will become stiff on cooling.
9. Use heavy bottomed pan. Its better if you have a bronze vessel and laddle to cook this. Or some heavy handling laddle.
10. This receipe needs manual work. But end it will be amazing. It has only 3 ingredients but it's not simple to make. You have to be watchful.