HERBY FRENCH LENTILS/MOONG DAL WITH CARAMELIZED ONION
This earthy puy (French) lentil recipe features a fabulous combination of flavours that can grace any table and can be enjoyed in all seasons. The array of fresh herbs—parsley, mint and coriander—and the delicious caramelized onion take the recipe to another level.
- 1. 11/2 cup boiled French lentils
- 2. 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3. 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4. 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 5. 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6. 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 7. 1 Salt to taste
- 8. 1 Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir in the cooked lentils with the parsley, mint and coriander, and combine well. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with warm flatbread.