FISH FRY (South Indian style)
A simple fish fry with less ingredients and easy to prepare. Marination is the key and the result is a simply delicious fry.
- 1. Cleaned & cut fish pieces 750 Grams
- 2. For marination - Chili powder 1 Tablespoons
- 3. Coriander powder 1/4 Tablespoons
- 4. Turmeric powder 1/4 Tablespoons
- 5. Garlic & Ginger paste 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- 6. Crushed shallot 3/4 Tablespoons
- 7. curry leaves crushed 1 sprigs
- 8. Lemon juice 1/2 Teaspoons
- 9. OIL 1 Cups
1. 1. Clean the fish well, rub with salt and wash with diluted lemon juice (this is to remove the odour). Cut into medium sized slices.
2. 2. Take a deep bowl, mix all the ingredients for marination well and make a smooth paste. Add a little water if required. Rub the fish pieces with this paste and set aside for an hour.
3. 3. Heat oil in a frying pan or tawa & shallow fry the fish pieces in medium flame. Flip the pieces to cook both sides. Serve with kappa/tapioca or hot with rice.
4. DRIED CHILLY FLAKES DIP:
6. An easy concoction to fire up your taste buds.
7. Mix a pinch of red chilly flakes, half tbsp of Kashmiri chilly powder, salt, vinegar & oil.
8. Voila !! Dip is ready ?