Eggless Raspberry Rose Macaroons
- 1. COOKIES: Aquafaba (liquid brine drained from chickpea can) 250 ml
- 2. Cream of tartar OR lemon juice 1/8 tsp
- 3. Salt 1/8 tsp
- 4. Almond flour 150 ml
- 5. Icing sugar 130 gms
- 6. Castor sugar 100 gms
- 7. Gel red food colour 1 tsp
- 8. Rose essence 3-4 dash
- 9. BUTTER CREAM: 125 gms
- 10. Icing sugar 55 gms
- 11. Rose essence 2-3 dash
- 12. Raspberry jam 150 gms
- 13. HEART PATTERNS: gel red food colour 1/2 tsp
1. Boil aquafaba in a saucepan till it reduces to 110 gm. Cover and chill overnight to get it thicken and viscous.
2. Swift almond flour and icing sugar together twice.
3. Start beating aquafaba, salt and cream of tartar until it becomes foamy.
4. Start adding castor sugar 2 spoons at a time into aquafaba and continue beating it till it becomes thick and glossy.
5. Add gel red food colour and rose essence and beat for 1 more minute.
6. Take half of meringue and gently mix with almond flour and icing sugar mixture. Now add rest of meringue and fold very gently till it flows down the spatula like a molten lava.
7. Fill the meringue mixture into a piping bag with round nozzle.
8. Draw 2 inch circles, 2 cm apart in a parchment paper. Stick this parchment paper to baking sheets with the help of little meringue by turning back the paper, so that drawn circles faces towards the baking sheet.
9. Pipe the meringue within these circles. Gently tap the tray 3-4 times in kitchen counter, so that the top of cookies smoothes out releases if any air bubbles are there. Leave the tray uncovered for 1-2 hours so that a thin film gets form over the cookies.
10. Preheat oven to 250 F and bake the macaroons for 25-30 minutes.
11. Meanwhile beat the butter, icing sugar and rose essence until creamy and fill in piping bags.
12. Once the macaroons cools down completely, draw little hearts over the macaroons with the help of thin painting brush.
13. Now pipe the rose buttercream icing around the edges macaroons and fill raspberry jam in centre.
14. Cover the prepared macaroons with rest of plain macaroons to form a sandwich cookie.