Eggless Chocolate Tart
A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a short crust pastry base with an open top not covered with pastry. The smaller size of tart is referred as Tartlet. It originated in France but has spread to other countries over the years. Chocolate tart or chocolate cream pie is a dessert consisting of dark chocolate, cream and eggs. A smooth consistency of all three ingredients is poured into a crisp, unsweetened pastry shell and baked until firm.
- 1. Whole Wheat Flour - 100 gm
- 2. Butter - 60 gm
- 3. Organic Brown Sugar - 60 gm
- 4. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 20 gm
- 5. Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- 6. Honey - 1 tbs
- 7. Salt - 1/8 tsp
- 8. Milk - 3 tbs
1. In a bowl, take soft butter and organic brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugar mixture.
2. Add chocolate essence and honey. Mix it well.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder together
4. Knead it into a dough. Add milk 1 tbs at a time to bind the flour. Prepare a soft dough from it.
5. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 ?C.
6. Grease the tart moulds and lightly dust with some flour. Press the prepared dough into greased tartlet moulds.
7. Prick the tartlet and bake in preheated oven at 170 ?C for 15 minutes
8. To prepare the chocolate filling, in a pan heat fresh cream and butter. Bring it to boil. Turn of the flame. Add chopped chocolate and honey. Mix it well until you get a smooth batter.
9. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
10. Using a piping bag, fill the chocolate mixture into prepared tartlet cases.
11. Sprinkle some silver sugar balls (sprinklers) and serve.