- 1. Puff Pastry Sheets 3 Nos(bring these to room temperature so it is ready to bake)
- 2. Hard Boiled Eggs 3 Nos(halved to make 6 puffs)
- 3. Big Onion 2 Nos
- 4. Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Tablespoons
- 5. Green Chilly 1-2 Nos
- 6. Curry Leaves 1 sprigs
- 7. Turmeric Powder 1/4 Teaspoons
- 8. Chicken Masala 1/2 Teaspoons
- 9. Pepper Powder a Pinch
- 10. Garam masala a Pinch
- 11. Egg White 1or2 Nos
1. 1. Make sure you thaw the pastry sheets before baking when using frozen pastry sheets.
2. 2. In a pan, saut? onion, ginger, garlic & green chilly in little oil. When ready ( light brown in colour), add the spice mix, combine well and saut? till the raw smell disappears. Add curry leaves (coriander leaves optional) - add salt to taste. This is a dry mix.
3. 3. Cut the pastry sheets into square shapes, making sure one square covers the egg & masala.
4. 4. Place the egg slice in the middle of the pastry sheet, add a spoonful of the masala mixture (when cool) , close the pastry sheets by folding diagonally (cross wise)
5. 5. Seal the edges, rub a little water on the edges of the tips so that they stick together. Brush egg white gently with a pastry brush over the pastry sheets, this is to give a glossy look when done. (You can use milk alternatively).
6. 6. Arrange the filled puffs in a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins at 200 C (approx 400 F). The pastry will be fluffy and golden brown in colour when ready.
7. 7. Serve warm with sauce.