DRUMSTICK LEAVES / MURINGAI KEERAI PANEER PULAO
- 1. Basmati rice 1 cups
- 2. Moringa leaves 2 cups
- 3. Paneer 100 gms
- 4. Coconut milk 2 cups
- 5. Dry mango powder ( amchur) 1/2 tsp
- 6. Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- 7. Salt,to taste 1 pinch
- 8. FOR MASALA POWDER:White til 2 tbsp
- 9. Perumjeeragam / sunf 2 tbsp
- 10. Garlic Cloves 6 nos
- 11. FOR SEASONING:Oil 4 tsp
- 12. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 13. Butter 1 tbsp
1. Dry roast all the above ingredients for masala powder and powder it in a mixie.and keep aside
2. Wash the Moringa leaves well and drain it.
3. Dry roast he muringai leaves / drumstick leaves in medium flame and powder it in mixie
4. Wash and soak basmati rice for 15-20 mins.
5. Drain and keep it aside.
6. Heat butter and oil in a pressure pan. Add cumin seeds. When it start spluttering, add coconut milk and allow it to boil.
7. Add soaked and the drained basmati rice and add moringa leaves powder, roasted til, saunf ,garlic powder,garam masala powder, aam choor powder, salt and mix well.
8. Reduce the flame close the pressure pan and wait till the steam comes
9. Put on the weight and pressure cook for 5 to 7 minutes and put off the flame.
10. Wait till the pressure is released and open the pan and add the paneer cubes and mix gently.
11. Yummy, healthy Muringa \i keerai / drumstick leaves pulao is ready to serve.
12. Transfer to the serving bowl.
13. Garnish it with fried green chilli.
14. Serve hot with onion raita.