Colourful Holi Cake
- 1. All Purpose Flour 2 cup
- 2. Eggs 4
- 3. Baking powder 1 tsp
- 4. Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 5. Butter 3/4 cup
- 6. Sugar, powdered 3/4 cup
- 7. Whipped cream 3/4 small bowl
- 8. Sugar water syrup 3-4 tablespoons
- 9. Food spray powder colours just to sprinkle as if we throw colours of holi on people( just to sprinkle 1 teaspoon in total)
1. Sift flour and baking powder together.
2. In another bowl whisk the eggs and keep aside.
3. In a bowl whisk sugar, butter till light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add in vanilla extract and the whisked eggs.
5. Mix in the flour with a spatula by cut and fold method. When uniformly mixed, transfer in a greased baking pan.
6. Pre- heat the oven at 150 degree centigrade. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool well, cut in three layers.
8. Put sugar water syrup along with whipped cream, repeat the process, cover the cake all over nicely.
9. Sprinkle the food colour on top, decorate with multi coloured fennel (saunf).
10. Serve decorated