Chikoo Oats Sweet Basil Seeds Pudding
Chikoo is also known as Sapodilla, Chico, Sapota and many other names. Chikoo flesh has earthy brown color with a grainy texture akin to that of a well-ripened pear and contains 3-6 seeds. The fruit is very sweet and has malty flavor. The fruit is used in many food preparations; ice creams, juices, milkshakes, kheer or halwa etc. In this recipe, I have prepared Chikoo-Oats-Sweet basil seeds-Milk Pudding. It is very nutritious and tastes awesome. We can also add dry fruits for more richer texture and taste. Each and every ingredient added in this recipe has its own taste, texture which makes this pudding rich, creamy, tasty and healthy.
- 1. Chikoo / Sapodilla/Sapota – 1 medium sized (washed and chilled)
- 2. Chilled Milk – 2 cups (chilled)
- 3. Toasted rolled oats – 3 tablespoon
- 4. Sugar – 3 1/2 tablespoon (Adjust as per your preference).
- 5. Vanilla Essence – 1/4 teaspoon
- 6. Sweet Basil Seeds / Sabja seeds – 1 teaspoon (soaked in 3 tablespoon water for 8-10 minutes).
- 7. Garnishing – Chocolate sauce - 2tbsp, toasted oats, unsweetened cocoa powder.
1. Peel Chikoo. Cut into two halves. Remove the seeds.
2. In a blender mix all the ingredients except sweet basil seeds or sabja and toasted oats. Blend until smooth puree. Add oats. Blend again.
3. Add soaked and doubled basil seeds or sabja. Mix well.
4. Pour into glasses. Garnish with chocolate syrup, toasted rolled oats and cocoa powder. Serve chilled.