Chicken Schezwan Zoodles
As an Indian, I've always loved the Indo-Chinese Street food that was easily available at the local Stall right in front of my house. But ever since I had started keto, I couldn't enjoy any of these local delicacies. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
Here, I have a recipe for my ever favorite Schezwan Zoodles that never fail to fill my tummy with contentment.
- 1. 100g Chicken, boneless, bite sized pieces
- 2. 150g Zucchini, cut into thin strips or noodle form using spiralizer
- 3. 5g Ginger, finely chopped
- 4. 5g Garlic, finely chopped
- 5. 1 Green Chili, sliced
- 6. 10g Spring Onion, whites and greens separated
- 7. 20g Onion, 1/2 inch pieces
- 8. 20g Capsicum, 1/2 inch pieces
- 9. 1 teaspoon Soya sauce
- 10. 1 tablespoon Red Chili sauce
- 11. 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 12. 1 tablespoon Ching's Secret Schezwan Chutney
- 13. 2 tablespoon Olive Oil, to fry
1. In a wok/frying pan, heat the olive oil. Low Flame
2. Add ginger, garlic, green chili. Saute till the garlic turns golden brown.
3. Add the chicken pieces and cook on High Flame.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper
5. Once the chicken is half cooked, add the whites of the spring onion, capsicum and onion. Set aside the green part of Spring onion for garnish.
6. When the chicken starts to release its juice, add the soya sauce, red chili sauce and the vinegar.
7. Add Zucchini noodles and schezwan chutney to the mixture and mix well
8. Make sure not to over cook the zucchini noodles because they're very thin and delicate and easy to over cook.
9. Garnish with green leaves of the spring onion. Enjoy!!!