- 1. Chicken 300 gms
- 2. Basmati rice 1 1/2 cups
- 3. ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- 4. curd 4 tsp
- 5. turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- 6. Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- 7. Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- 8. Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- 9. cloves 5 nos
- 10. cinnamon stick 2 inch
- 11. cardamom 4 nos
- 12. bay leaves 2 nos
- 13. onion sliced 2 nos
- 14. green chilly slit 1 nos
- 15. tomatoes sliced 2 nos
- 16. coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- 17. oil 3 tbsp
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, Salt, curd, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and keep aside for sometime.
2. Wash the basmati rice and soak for 15-20 mins.
3. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add the whole spices and saute for a min.
4. Add the onions and green chilli, remaining ginger garlic paste and saute till onion turns soft. Add the tomatoes and few chopped coriander leaves and saute till tomatoes turns mushy.
5. Add the marinated chicken, mix well, cover with a lid and cook for 5-10 mins. Now add the water and bring to boil. Add the rice and gently stir. Close the cooker and pressure cook in medium heat for 3 whistles.
6. Let the pressure release by itself. Open the cooker and gently fluff it.
7. I have garnished with chopped coriander leaves, fried cashewnuts and raisins and served with cucumber raita.