Chicken Fried Rice
Best with leftover rice
- 1. 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2. 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 3. 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 4. 1 large carrot finely diced
- 5. 2 garlic clove minced
- 6. 1 tsp grated ginger
- 7. 2 cups leftover rice
- 8. 1 or 1/2 cup of chicken or pork or prawns
- 9. 2 tsp soy sauce
- 10. 1 tsp sesame oil
- 11. 1/2 cup of chilli garlic sauce
- 12. 1 large egg beaten
- 13. 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 14. 1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
1. Before cooking start cutting veggies and chicken
2. In a small bowl add the chilli garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce together and set aside
3. In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium high heat. When the oil starts to slick across the pan, add the onion, pepper and carrot, stir, cooking until the vegetables become tender 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice, stirring occasionally to break up clumps and heat through 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken (or other protein) and soy sauce mixture, stirring until well combined. Add the egg and toss well to combine with the rice mixture. Add the peas, scallions and cilantro, cooking just until the peas are thawed.