Chana Daal Vada
- 1. Chana Dal/Begal Gram - 1 Cup soaked
- 2. Onion - 1 finely chopped
- 3. 1 finely chopped Green chilli
- 4. 1 inch Ginger grated
- 5. 1 tbsp Coriander leaves -
- 6. 1 tbsp curry leaves
- 7. 1 tsp salt
- 8. 2 cup Oil - for frying
1. Soak the chana dal/bengal gram for at least 2 to 3 hours. Then strain the dal completely.
2. Now, take a grinder . Add bengal gram and grind it coarsely. Do not add water while grinding. Take out in a bowl.
3. Add finely chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, ginger, salt and curry leaves. Mix well. The consistency of the batter should be thick.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil for frying.Once the oil is hot, make round shaped vada and fry it.
5. Fry the vada on a low-medium flame until it turns nice golden brown in colour. It will take around 5 to 10 minutes to fry.
6. When done, take them out on a tissue paper. Delicious 'Chana Dal Vada | Dal Vada' is ready to be served.