Bhindi Tawa Pulao
- 1. Raw rice 2 cups
- 2. Salt 2 tsp
- 3. Okra or bhindi ,thinly sliced 400 gms
- 4. Ghee 3 tbsp
- 5. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 6. Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- 7. Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- 8. Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- 9. Pav bhaaji masala,heaped 2 tbsp
- 10. Bay leaves 4 nos
- 11. Tomato paste 2 tbsp
- 12. Onion sliced thinly 1 nos
- 13. Spring onions 1/2 cups
- 14. Coriander leaves chopped 1/4 cups
1. First off , soak rice for about 20 minutes .
2. Boil it till al dente
3. Drain and keep aside .
4. In a pan , heat oil and saute onions first .
5. Add in the ginger garlic paste next and saute for another minute .
6. Put the tomato paste next .
7. Add in the rest of the spices along with the salt and saute for another minute .
8. At this point , add in the thinly sliced okra to it .
9. Keep the flame on low and simmer it for around another 10-12 minutes or till the raw smell disappears .
10. Cover it and let it simmer without adding any water .
11. After 12 minutes , add the cooked rice and stir well .
12. Cover with a lid again and allow it to simmer for another 5 minutes or so .
13. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .
14. Serve hot as it is or with any pickle or raita of your choice .