Batinjan Rahib (Roasted Eggplant Salad - Lebanese Style)
- 1. 1 medium eggplant (ones used for bharta)
- 2. 1 tomato, chopped
- 3. 1 onion, chopped
- 4. 2 tbsp. parsley (I added coriander leaves), chopped
- 5. 1 garlic clove, grated
- 6. 1-2 tbsp. chopped almonds
- 7. 1 tbsp. melon seeds
- 8. 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 9. 1 tsp. lime juice or to taste
- 10. 1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Apply some oil on the eggplant and make 2 slits lengthwise. Directly char over a gas flame till the flesh is tender and soft.
2. After it cools down, peel the skin off and mash well. In a bowl combine all the ingredients and serve immediately.