A delicious Diwali recipe...
- 1. Refined flour (maida) - 2 Cups
- 2. Sugar - 2 Cups
- 3. Clarified Butter (Ghee) - 4-5 tbs
- 4. Baking Soda -1/4 tsp
- 5. yogurt - 4-5 tbs
- 6. Water as needed
- 7. Chopped pistachios (for Garnish)
- 8. Ghee for frying
1. Take a mixing bowl and seived maida, baking soda together.....Now add ghee and mix then add yogurt and mix properly.Make a soft dough with the help of few water (Don't knead too much).
2. Now make one string sugar syrup with 1 cup of water & 2 Cups of sugar.After that let it cool for few minutes.
3. Now make small tikkies of dough and Press in center of tikkies with the help of thumb.
4. Deep fry the tikkies in lukewarm oil only on low flame untill the golden colour comes out.(Remember don't touch the tikkies again and again during the frying because they will be very soft and will break).
5. Take out carefully in a plate and let it cool for few minutes.
6. Now Dipped in lukewarm sugar syrup one by one and spread the sugar syrup properly then take out in a plate and garnish with Chopped pistachios.Keep in airtight container and enjoy the taste.