Bajra (Pearl Millet Tikki
- 1. 1/2 cup bajra grains, soaked overnight (makes around 10-12)
- 2. 1 potato, boiled & mashed
- 3. 1 onion, chopped
- 4. 1
- 5. 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 6. 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 7. 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 8. 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 9. 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 10. 2 fresh red chilies, chopped
- 11. 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 12. 1 tsp. flax seed
1. Pressure cook the bajra in sufficient water for 15 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Drain and add with rest of the above mentioned ingredients (except oil) into a dough.
2. Make round shaped tikkis out of it and refrigerate for some time. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and shallow fry the tikkis, few at a time on both sides till light golden in colour.
3. Drain on a kitchen towel and serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney for an evening tea-time snack.