Aromatic Banana & Hazelnut loaf Bread, with Pumpkin seeds!
- 1. bananas 2 nos
- 2. all purpose flour 1.5 cups
- 3. Caster sugar 3/4 cups
- 4. melted butter 1/2 cups
- 5. eggs 2 nos
- 6. Baking powder 1 tsp
- 7. vanilla extract 3-4 drop
- 8. Ground Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
- 9. salt 1/4 tsp
- 10. chopped hazelnuts 3/4 cups
- 11. Pumpkin seeds 1 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. With a whisk, give it a good mix. Set aside.
3. With a fork, mash your ripened bananas very well, until you get a smooth, semi-liquid consistency. Don’t worry if there are some chunks left in it.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
5. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk well until it is all well-combined.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and with a spatula, fold in everything together until the batter is just about well-mixed and lump free. Do not over mix or your bread can come out tough!
7. Lastly, throw in your chopped hazelnuts/ walnuts and give the batter a final mix.
8. Transfer the batter into a greased Loaf baking tin.
9. Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds and bake at 180 degrees C for around 40 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
10. Cool, slice and enjoy as a delicious snack or a dessert!