Arabian Kabsa Laham
- 1. 8 piece chicken legs, skin on
- 2. 2tsp Salt or to taste
- 3. 1tbsp lemon juice
- 4. 1/2tsp Zafran color
- 5. 1/2cup olive oil
- 6. 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 7. 1tsp Garlic powder
- 8. 1tsp Ginger powder
- 9. 1tsp turmeric powder
- 10. 1tsp nutmeg powder
- 11. 1tbsp coriander powder
- 12. 1tbsp cumin powder
- 13. 4cups Basmati rice
- 14. 1/2 cup ghee
- 15. 3 onions, large and finely chopped
- 16. 3 tomatoes, large and finely chopped
- 17. 2nos 2" Cinnamon
- 18. 4-5 clove
- 19. 4 Green cardamom
- 20. 2 bay leaves
- 21. 1tsp black pepper powder
- 22. 1 piece coal
1. Mix together cinnamon powder, clove powder, nutmeg powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. This is Mandi masala.
2. Soak rice in enough water and keep aside.
3. Marinate the chicken with Mandi spice, salt, food colour, lemon juice mix well cover and keep in the fridge for 2 hour.
4. After 2 hours heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till golden on both sides on high flame, keep aside.
5. Now heat oil add onions, cloves, bay leaves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick fry till light golden on high flame.
6. Then add tomatoes, green chilli mix and cook till soft on high flame.
7. Now add black pepper, salt mix and place the fried chicken pieces, Mandi spice, water enough that the chicken gets covered then wait for a boil on high flame, now cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium flame to make the stock.
8. Then remove the chicken pieces, wash the rice and add to the stock mix well, cover and cook on high flame till the stock dries.
9. Heat the coal till red hot.
10. Once the stock dries cover the lid and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes and close the flame.
11. Then place the chicken pieces on the rice and add the hot coal on foil with 1 tsp of oil cover till the smoke settles.