Agastya or Hadga Flower Fritters or Pakora
Hadga (Sesbania Grandiflora) is also known as Agastya, Agathi, vegetable Hummingbird, Chogache is a medicinal plant. Roots, barks, leaves, roots are used in many medicines. Flowers are used in preparing different recipes like pakora, thalipeeth, bhaji, Soup etc and rich in Vitamin A. In this recipe, I have used white color Hadga flowers. Coated with besan or gram flour, seasoned with some spices and deep fried. It goes well with dal-rice, or as a snack. This dish is easy to prepare and tastes amazing.
- 1. Hadga/Agastya/vegetable Hummingbird Flowers – 10-12
- 2. Gram Flour / Besan – 1 cup
- 3. Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- 4. Garam masala – 1tsp
- 5. Asafoetida – 1/2 teaspoon
- 6. Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- 7. Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- 8. Oil - 2 cups for Frying
- 9. Salt - 1/4 tsp or to taste.
- 10. Water – 1/4 -1/2 cup to make a thick batter
1. Wash, pat dry Hadga flowers.
2. In a bowl, take all ingredients excluding oil and water and flowers. Mix well.
3. Add water slowly at a time and make a thick batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan or wok.
5. Dip Hadga flower into the batter, coat properly from all the sides and fry on low- medium flame until golden and crisp.
6. Serve hot with dal rice or any dip or chutney