Aaloo Paratha Pockets
- 1. FOR THE PARATHA DOUGH; whole wheat flour 4 cups
- 2. Salt 1 tsp
- 3. Oil or ghee 1 tbsp
- 4. Water 1 cups
- 5. FOR THE POTATO FILLING, Boiled potatoes 7 nos
- 6. Asafoetida 1/8 tsp
- 7. cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- 8. Grated ginger 1 tbsp
- 9. Onions sliced thinly 3 nos
- 10. Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cups
- 11. Green chillies chopped finely 2 tbsp
- 12. Red chilli flakes 1 tbsp
- 13. Turmeric 1 tsp
- 14. Amchur powder or dry mango powder 1 tsp
- 15. Ghee or butter 1 cups
1. Knead a smooth dough with the ingredients listed
2. Keep it aside for 15 minutes
3. Mash the boiled potatoes or grate them. It is entirely your choice.
4. In a wide plate, add the mashed potatoes first.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients listed for fillng
6. Mix well and see that there are no big chunks of the potato.
7. After 15 minutes, divide the dough into medium sized balls.
8. Roll each ball into a small disc.
9. Place about 2 tablespoons of the potato mix on it.
10. Cover with another disc and press the sides.
11. Now roll gently to a larger sized disc or just pat with your hands as you rotate it.
12. Both the ways are good enough for a nice paratha.
13. Heat a tawa or a griddle on medium flame.
14. Place this aaloo paratha on it. Smear some ghee or butter on top and drizzle some on the sides too.
15. Keep the flame low to medium.
16. After 2 minutes flip it over and cook for 2 more minutes.
17. In this way make all the parathas. It requires a bit of patience.
18. Do not hurry. Otherwise parathas might not cook well or get burnt too.
19. Cut it into triangles and enjoy.
20. Serve hot with loads of butter on top alongside raita and pickle.